Singing with Friends
Ages: 7 – 10 years
Bring a few friends and join the fun! In this dynamic new class offered exclusively at the Armstrong Community Music School, children ages 7-10 will learn about healthy singing, practice vocal and music theory games, and work on group songs and solo songs, culminating in a mini-class recital. The class is perfect for those singers already enrolled in school choir who would like a little extra attention, or any beginning singer interested in learning and meeting other singers.
A private voice lesson in a friendly group environment.
This 5 week course will focus on:
- Breathing techniques
- Exercises to strengthen your core and develop better posture
- Accessible vocal warm-ups to add to your daily routine
- An approachable process for learning new music
- Vowel purity in speech and song
- Time permitting: diction basics in English, Latin, French, and German
Students should bring: a positive attitude and willingness to participate, a pencil, water, and comfortable clothes.