The ACMS Summer Vocal Intensive is designed for the serious singer considering the study of music in college and/or singing professionally. There will be a focus on career aspects of singing and audition techniques. Each day students will have the chance to engage in theatre and stage activities through classes on movement, improvisation, and vocal performance.
This three-week program will culminate in a recital where students will each perform up to two pieces they have been refining. Family and friends are encouraged to join us for the recital and reception.
Students will need:
- Two or three memorized vocal pieces
- Double-sided photo copies for use by the accompanist
- Comfortable clothes for movement and improvisation classes
- Audition attire for week two (will discuss during week one)
- Recital attire for week three (will discuss during week two)
- A willingness to engage and learn