The ACMS Joy of Singing Summer Vocal Workshop is designed for the adult singer who loves to sing and would like to learn some refined performance techniques. During this three week course, students will have the chance to engage in classes on *Alexander Technique, improvisation, Italian diction, group singing and vocal performance.
This program will culminate in a recital where students will each perform up to two pieces they have been refining. Family and friends are encouraged to join us for the recital and reception.
Students will need:
- One or two memorized vocal pieces
- Double-sided photo copies for use by the accompanist
- Comfortable clothes for Alexander Technique and improvisation classes
- Recital attire for week three (will discuss during week two)
- A willingness to enjoy singing!
*The Alexander Technique is an educational method used worldwide for over 100 years. By teaching how to change faulty postural habits, it enables improved mobility, posture, performance and alertness along with relief of chronic stiffness, tension and stress.